The Advance variation of Caro-Kann begins with the moves 1.e4 c6 2.d4 d5 3.e5. Black plays 3…Bf5 in order to free the dark-squared bishop. In the past couple of years, 4.h4 has become very popular for White (diagram).
In the previous video, which you can watch here if you missed it, International Master Ekaterina Atalik explored Black’s option of 4..h6.
This time, IM Atalik explores other ideas for Black after 4.h4. With this variation increasing in popularity recently it makes sense to spend some time learning how to face it if you are a Caro-Kann player.
Looking for more on the Caro-Kann? Check out our free Ultimate Guide to the Caro-Kann, explaining all the key ideas, concepts and theory of several main variations, including PGNs, videos, and more – everything you need to get started with this opening.
Watch the Full Video with iChess.club
Want to watch the full video? Check out the iChess Club, a premium membership for our top fans and customers that gives you tons of exclusive benefits such as:
- Exclusive new premium videos each week by the world’s top Grandmasters and chess educators (such as this one!)
- 40% off all items in our shop, anytime
- 5% additional discount for products already on sale
- Sale extender allowing you to get an item at the sale price up to 30 days after a sale has ended!
- An additional $20 in store credit each month you renew!
- A 30+ minute preview of almost every product in our shop
All this for only $19.97 a month! Click here to sign up for the iChess Club and get your first month for only $1.